220 Crowchild Trail NW
Villages Calgary has been operated by the Global Village Crafts Society since 1984. To learn more about how we began as a small group of dedicated volunteers, visit our History Page.
As an organization, we are committed to:
- To market quality products as a means of assisting the employment of financially underprivileged producers;
- To market products that reflect and reinforce rich cultural traditions, that are environmentally sensitive, and which appeal to local consumers;
- To increase availability of fair trade products;
- To encourage our customers to learn about fair trade and to appreciate producers' cultural heritages;
- To support producers who are bringing justice, hope, and peace to marginalized communities;
- To trade with producer groups who pay fair wages and treat their members with fairness and respect;
- To use resources carefully and value volunteers who work in the store; and
- To annually set aside funds for projects in support of similar non-profit organizations.
Villages Calgary is a verified member in the Fair Trade Federation (FTF), and is committed to following nine key principles of Fair Trade.
Learn more about the Fair Trade Federation principles at https://www.fairtradefederation.org/principles